Thursday 4 December 2014

18 hours in Hiroshima

Not many of us are FORTUNATE to observe destruction and FORTUNATE enough to learn to rebuild from destruction. I thought they were the lucky ones. Remember when we learn survival of the fittest, imagine if the whole earth shook and turn everything in rubbles, who will survived? I think those who had persevered through all would, and almost 60% of us wouldnt. Because we all grow up with silver spoon in our hand and live in a country with almost no war no natural disaster.

I always tell myself the only way you can be strong is by going through it all, jump into the deep end, be humble with success, yet learn from failure, learn from other's experience too, even when they say dont mock the pain you never endured, but I think by mocking we somehow learn too.



One of the few places on earth that I have always wanted to visit. Alhamdulillah for the golden opportunity to be actually staying a night in a place once infect thousands with nuclear radiation following the bombing in 1945. Now it shines, it rises high behind the dust, they aim to be the icon of peace.

 




It was peaceful, chilly on the November autumnal evening, the sun set slow behind the tram lines, clean river water flows, just 15 mins train ride then a ferry ride away, the peaceful ever Miyajima Island - where wild deers hop around, eating paper map out of my handbag.

 

 

I was alone, but I felt like I was surrounded by the calming and friendly spirit of the whole city. I had the traditional Hiroshima style okonomiyaki, I could have make it special with oyster on top, but I had to save all the yen possible as I have a few more days to go.



Just less than 24 hours. It was worth it. I would love to come again. A hike on the Mount Misen after a night stay in a ryoken on Miyajima maybe?








(been putting the though on posting this post for awhile, shows how poor my time management is)

No comments:

Post a Comment